Founded in 2010 at the University of Maryland Hillel
Held annually during the spring semester at the University of Maryland Hillel, the National Hillel Basketball Tournament is the premier event for athletes who frequent their respective Hillels. The National Hillel Basketball Tournament was founded in 2010 by University of Maryland student Rachel Epstein. Epstein started the tournament to help bring students together around the inclusive and encompassing game of basketball. What started as a small event has quickly ballooned into what is now one of the largest gatherings of Hillel students in the country. The 2019 tournament was the largest one yet, and brought together hundreds of students together for a weekend of events, Judaism, and competition. This year’s tournament will take place April 23rd – April 26th.
All athletes in the National Hillel Basketball Tournament will receive:
• A dynamic and inspiring Shabbat experience with social and education events
• Weekend accommodations to stay in a hotel right next to campus
• All meals from Friday morning through Sunday lunch
• Full set of tournament apparel including jersey, shirt, bag, and so much more
• Exclusive sponsor giveaways
• Opportunity to compete for the elusive Kiddush Cup!